We are looking for a talented Data Engineer to join our technology team. The individual will be working on large-scale Data Warehouse, Search Engine applications and multiple ETL processes. Individual must have a strong passion for Data Engineering, Warehousing, and ETL Technologies and be willing to work in a challenging team environment that promotes personal accountability.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Participate in product delivery through the entire SDLC of analysis, design, development, and testing
- Build Data Warehousing, Search Engine and Business Intelligence (BI) applications
- Establish highly-secure ETL processes across multiple data sources and sinks within our ecosystem
- Closely collaborate with Data Analytics, BI, Engineering and DevOps teams
- Consistently perform at the highest levels and bring high energy, confidence, and ambition to work every day
Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years of strong experience in Data Warehousing and ETL processes
- Demonstrated hands-on solid experience with writing complex SQL and building high volume ETL pipelines and batch process
- Proficient and can code using languages like Bash Scripts, Python, Java and/or Scala
- Experience with Pentaho Data Integration (PDI) and AWS Redshift.
- Additional experience with AWS Kinesis, Elastic Stack, Apache Spark, Flink, and Storm is a Big Plus!
- Experience working with the fast moving development team using Agile Scrum Methodology
- A minimum of Bachelor's degree (four-year degree) is required to be considered for this position, preferably in Computer Science/Engineering/Science/Mathematics or related field
- Work location is on-site at Washington D.C. with easy access to public transportation
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen
We seek talent and in exchange we offer very competitive pay and full benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Personal Loss Benefits, Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Account, Voluntary Short-Term Disability, Voluntary Term Life Insurance, Voluntary Accident Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan, DC/VA/MD Transit Benefit Program, Paid Vacation, Sick Leave and other employee benefits.