We are looking for a talented Data Engineer to join our technology team. The individual will be working on large-scale Data Warehouse, Search Engine applications and multiple ETL processes. Individual must have a strong passion for Data Engineering, Warehousing, and ETL Technologies and be willing to work in a challenging team environment that promotes personal accountability.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Participate in product delivery through the entire SDLC of analysis, design, development, and testing
- Build Data Warehousing, Search Engine and Business Intelligence (BI) applications
- Establish highly-secure ETL processes across multiple data sources and sinks within our ecosystem
- Closely collaborate with Data Analytics, BI, Engineering and DevOps teams
- Consistently perform at the highest levels and bring high energy, confidence, and ambition to work every day
Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years of strong experience in Data Warehousing and ETL processes
- Demonstrated hands-on solid experience with writing complex SQL and building high volume ETL pipelines and batch process
- Proficient and can code using languages like Bash Scripts, Python, Java and/or Scala
- Experience with Pentaho Data Integration (PDI) and AWS Redshift.
- Additional experience with AWS Kinesis, Elastic Stack, Apache Spark, Flink, and Storm is a Big Plus!
- Experience working with the fast moving development team using agile Scrum Methodology
- A minimum of Bachelor's degree (four-year degree) is required to be considered for this position, preferably in Computer Science/Engineering/Science/Mathematics or related field
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen to be considered for this position
- Work location is on-site at Washington D.C. with easy access to public transportation
We seek talent and in exchange we offer very competitive pay and full benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Personal Loss Benefits, Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Account, Voluntary Short-Term Disability, Voluntary Term Life Insurance, Voluntary Accident Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan, DC/VA/MD Transit Benefit Program, Paid Vacation, Sick Leave and other employee benefits.