We are looking for a talented Project Manager to manage the development of the Web, API, Data Warehouse and BI products. The individual will be working on multiple products with Senior Management and Software Engineering team to drive a core set of goals from planning to execution and launching of products that will reach tens of millions of users nationwide and will have a huge impact on the future of the country by revitalizing voters coast to coast. This is not a development role, but your development or technical background will give you a big advantage. Individual must have a strong passion for technology and software and willing to work in a challenging environment that promotes personal accountability.
- Manage several concurrent high visibility projects in an Agile environment
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Provide task-based schedule and cost forecasts and assist in assessing risk-based provisions through the application of generally accepted project management principles
- Act as a Scrum Master and be responsible for managing a sprint backlog, create user stories, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives in an Agile environment
- Provide periodic reporting on all project statuses, risk mitigation of the project delivery pipeline
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Communicate lessons learned, meeting minutes, project charts, project timelines, and best practices to engineering team and senior management
- Work with Software Engineering and UI Design teams to drive and manage product development
- Drive QA and testing functions to ensure product quality and requirements
- 3+ years of direct technology related Project Management and team leadership experience
- Extensive knowledge of project management standards, processes, and guidelines
- Proven experience managing projects using Agile methodologies like Scrum or Kanban
- Highly organized with excellent requirements analysis, conflict management, time management and task prioritization skills with strong ability to work very effectively with engineering and design teams
- Analytical thinker with attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Background in Software Development and/or QA testing is a big plus
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree preferably in Science/Engineering/IT or Business
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident to be considered.
- Work location on-site at Washington D.C. with easy access to public transportation
We offer competitive pay, full benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Personal Loss Benefits, Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Account, Voluntary Short-Term Disability, Voluntary Term Life Insurance, Voluntary Accident Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan, DC/VA/MD Transit Benefit Program, Vacation, Sick Leave and other benefits.