Django/Pythpn Web Developer
We are looking for a talented Django Web Developer to join our Engineering Team. Individuals will be working on a large-scale Web Apps and Web Services APIs that will reach tens of millions of users nationwide and will have a huge impact on the future of our the country by revitalizing voters coast to coast. Individual must have a strong passion for technology and software and willing to work in a challenging environment that promotes personal accountability.
- Participate in product delivery through the entire SDLC of analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, and support to build applications and APIs primarily using Python/Django framework
- Implement all aspects of application design – high-performance design, coding, caching mechanisms, security, encryption, state management, error logging, debugging, scalability, code reviews, environment configuration, and testing.
- Closely collaborate with Front-End Engineering, DevOps, and other teams
- Implement data integration solutions with products in our ecosystem
- Bring high energy, confidence, and ambition to work every day
- Consistent performance at the highest levels in a dynamic team
Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years of proven experience with building and deploying a large Django Web application
- Experience with building RESTful Web Services APIs, preferably using Django REST Framework (DRF)
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and software engineering fundamentals
- Experience with Python distributed task queues like Celery or RQ
- Can quickly understand and work with an existing code-base and can write complex SQL queries
- Experience working in a fast paced agile/scrum programming environment
- Work location on-site at Washington D.C. with easy access to public transportation.
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree is required, preferably in Computer Science/ Engineering/Mathematics or related fields
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card) to be considered
We offer competitive pay, full benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Personal Loss Benefits, Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Account, Voluntary Short-Term Disability, Voluntary Term Life Insurance, Voluntary Accident Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan, DC/VA/MD Transit Benefit Program, Vacation, Sick Leave and other benefits.